Introduction to the Medical Home - 2011
Welcome to training on creating and maintaining medical homes for children and adolescents provided by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC).
The goal of this module is to introduce Texas Health Steps providers and others to best practices for creating, maintaining, and improving medical homes for children and youth.
Texas Health Steps providers and other interested health-care professionals.
Specific Learning Objectives
After completing the activities of this module, you will be able to:
- Recognize three defining characteristics of a medical home.
- Distinguish between two of seven principles that support clinician-family collaboration in the medical home model.
- Indicate four ways in which the medical home model benefits all children and youth, especially those at risk and those with special health-care needs.
- Specify three action steps that primary care providers can take to develop and/or sustain a medical home for all children and youth in their practices.
- Select two specific tools (e.g., types of assessments, forms, or records) that primary care providers can use to develop and/or sustain a medical home for all children and youth in their practices.
- Indicate three ways in which other providers of health-care and related services can collaborate with primary care providers to establish, maintain, and support stable medical homes for all children and youth.
These links may be bookmarked for future reference. Please note this module expires on 8/15/2012.