Adolescent Health Screening
Welcome to the training on Adolescent Health Screening provided by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC).
This module will educate Texas Health Steps providers and others about best practices in adolescent health screening.
Texas Health Steps providers and other interested health-care professionals.
Specific Learning Objectives
After completing the activities of this module, you will be able to:
- Select two of the three developmental stages of adolescence.
- Specify one goal, one benefit, and one purpose of adolescent health screening.
- Recognize three state laws that apply to the delivery of health care for adolescents in Texas.
- Given a case study, apply a legal requirement for reporting abuse of minors in Texas.
- Identify three best practices for setting up a positive and productive adolescent health screening appointment.
- Distinguish between two components of a comprehensive adolescent medical checkup.
- Recognize one validated tool that can be incorporated into a provider's practice to optimize information gathering during an adolescent health screening.
This module includes a pre-test, post-test, and course evaluation. You must take the pre-test before beginning the course. After completing the course, you must take a post-test and score at least 75 percent to pass. After passing the post-test and completing the course evaluation, you will be able to print a certificate of completion.