Case Management Services in Texas
Welcome to training on Case Management Services in Texas provided by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC).
The goal of this module is to educate Texas Health Steps providers and others about case management services in Texas, including Case Management for Children and Pregnant Women.
Texas Health Steps providers and other interested health-care professionals.
Specific Learning Objectives
After completing the activities of this module, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between the roles of the case management provider and the health-care provider.
- Given a case study, identify two ways in which a patient and his or her family benefit from case management.
- Indicate one way that health-care providers benefit from case management.
- Distinguish one situation in which a child with a health condition may need case management.
- Given a case study, specify one condition that could result in a high-risk pregnancy.
- Interpret the role of targeted case management as it applies to the Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) program.
- Identify one eligibility requirement for the Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program.
This module includes a pre-test, post-test, and course evaluation. You must take the ungraded pre-test before beginning the course. After completing the course, you must take a post-test and score at least 75 percent to pass. After passing the post-test and completing the course evaluation, you will be able to print a certificate of completion.