Breastfeeding - 2016
Welcome to the training on Breastfeeding provided by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC).
The goal of this module is to introduce Texas Health Steps providers and others to best practices in providing support to mothers who want to breastfeed their infants.
Texas Health Steps providers and other interested health-care professionals.
Specific Learning Objectives
After completing the activities of this module, you will be able to:
- Outline two ways breastfeeding benefits the mother.
- Outline three ways breastfeeding benefits the baby.
- Interpret breastfeeding statistics for Texas and the United States.
- Indicate one physiological change the mother should expect immediately after giving birth.
- Specify three possible breastfeeding problems for the mother.
- Specify two possible breastfeeding problems for the baby.
- Evaluate at least two signs of breastfeeding success.
- Identify two breastfeeding laws in Texas and the United States.
All data presented in the module reflect the most recent year for available data.
Please note this module expires on 6/10/2016.