Texas Medicaid Services for Children - 2017
Welcome to the training on Texas Medicaid Services for Children provided by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC).
The goal of this module is to educate Texas Health Steps providers and others about delivering Medicaid services to children birth through age 20 in Texas who are enrolled in Medicaid
Texas Health Steps providers and other interested health-care professionals.
After completing the activities of this module, you will be able to:
- Choose three kinds of medically necessary services available to children enrolled in Medicaid that usually are not covered benefits for adults enrolled in Medicaid.
- Indicate the age or stage at which Texas Medicaid recommends the establishment of a dental home.
- Specify two prerequisites that a clinician must satisfy in order to serve as a Medicaid managed care plan provider.
- Given a case study, evaluate whether a medical service to diagnose or treat a condition identified during a Texas Health Steps preventive medical checkup would likely meet the definition of medical necessity.
- Given a case study, indicate one situation in which a child enrolled in Medicaid also would be eligible for services under another Texas state health-care program available to children.
All data presented in this module reflect the most recent year for available data.