Case management services may be available for children birth through 20 years and pregnant women who are eligible for Medicaid, have health problems or are at high risk for health problems. Case managers assist patients with a variety of needs.
Some examples include:
- attending a school meeting with the parent to advocate for services.
- referring patients and families to state and federal benefits, such as Medicaid waivers and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- finding a behavioral health specialist or mental health services.
- addressing issues such as homelessness, substance abuse, or domestic violence.
Use these screening tools, forms, and other resources to complete and document required components of Texas Health Steps medical checkups.
- Find a case manager in your area
- Refer Patients enrolled in STAR or Traditional Medicaid
For School-Related Needs
Refer patients enrolled in STAR Kids to their MCO for case management needs.
- Submit a Request for Case Management for STAR Kids clients. Select the Make a Referral to Case Management tab.